THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE (FRIDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2012)
FOUNDATION FOR DIALOGUE AMONG CIVILIZATIONS (FDC) Commemorated THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE
Each year the International Day of Peace is observed around the world on the 21st September. The General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and peoples.
This “year of peace” also commemorated by FDC along with the Permanent Mission of Costa Rica to the United Nations in Geneva as sponsor, and in cooperation with the Spanish Society for International Human Rights Law, International Observatory for Human Rights to Peace, World Council of Curchs, Nord Sud XXI, Recontre Africane De Defense Pour Les L' Homane, Japanese Committee on Human Right to Peace, International Association of Peace Messenger Cities, and International Peace Bureau and International Initiative of Change, and the Non-Governmental Liaison Unit of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
- The commemoration was inaugurated with a classical musical piece performed by an ensemble of four musicians (UN Music Club)
- Video message of United Nations Secretary-General on the occasion of the International Day of Peace was broadcast.
- H. E. Mr. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Director-General of United Nations Office at Geneva spoke about "The role of the United Nations in the promotion of peace and human rights"
- "Culture of peace as a means to promote peace, dialogue and human rights" was the title of speech deliverd by Ms Kerstin Holst, Head of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Liaison Office in Geneva:
- H. E. Mr. Slimane Chikh, Permanent Observer of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to the United Nations in Geneva explained how " Alliance of Civilizations promotes the right to peace"
- H.E. Mr. Manuel Dengo, Permanent Representative of Costa Rica to the United Nations in Geneva: spoke about "The abolishment of armies and the right to disarmament as pre-conditions to achieve a sustainable peace"
- "The implementation of the right to peace" was the title of speech of Prof. Carlos Villán Durán, President of the Spanish Society for International Human Rights Law and representative of the International Observatory of the Human Right to Peace.
Your Comment :